-Cansas P., Third-Grade Brownie in the After School Hours Program
Do you love working with kids? Do you want a change of pace from your day-to-day grind? Would you like to join forces with the premier leadership organization for girls and make a noticeable difference in a young girl's life?
Girl Scouts of Hawai`i might just be your answer! We are looking for an advisor to facilitate the After School Hours Program at King Kamehameha III Elementary School in Lahaina (Maui). The advisor will be responsible for the execution of the Girl Scout Leadership Program utilizing the Girl Scout curriculum and making concepts come alive through a variety of activities.
A successful candidate must:
- Be energetic, trustworthy and committed to the values of Girl Scouting;
- Must enjoy working with school-aged children;
- Be an independent and innovative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a team environment, is willing to tackle new challenges, and be able to manage multiple assignments while meeting specific deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Must have a basic understanding of child development and age appropriate behaviors and skills;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with parents, school staff, community members, and Girl Scout staff;
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings;
- Undergo a comprehensive background check;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or attending school to complete a degree in a related field or two years work experience in youth programs.
- after school, 1:00 pm - 4:30pm
- part time employee
- 1 to 3 times per week
- Please contact us for pay compensation information.