What’s up this week
Cookie pre-sale continues!
Hope you are enjoying your cookie pre-sales! We have two more weeks of pre-sale to go! Just a reminder, please be sure you are registered for the 2013-2014 membership year. All Troop Cookie Managers (TCM) must also submit a “Cookie Manager Agreement Form” and parents need to sign the “Family Adult Permission & Responsibility Form.” Subscribe to Cookie Bites, our cookie blog, to get everything you need to know delivered directly to your email inbox.
eBudde Training #2 Webinar
Wednesday, 1/8/14; 6-7pm
So now that you have your contact information and Girl Scouts set up in eBudde, what next?? eBudde, our online cookie inventory system will help make it easy for you to keep track of cookies and finances this Cookie Season! Join us during the second eBudde webinar as we navigate you through the next steps you must take in eBudde to help you have a successful season.
Upcoming deadlines & registration openings
Maui Cookie Rally (1/11/14)
Get ready to kick off the Cookie Season with a BANG! Join us for an action-packed Cookie Rally where you'll learn the tricks of the trade and how to have the most successful Cookie Season yet! There will be games, crafts, and prizes!
New Leader Training (1/15/14)
All new volunteers are welcome to join us in this training that will cover “Welcome to Girl Scouts,” “Girl Scouts Basics,” and Journeys. These trainings are normally done in three separate sessions but will be done all in one at this special volunteer training. It is recommended that new volunteers attend this training.
Gold Award Workshop (1/22/14)
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest and most prestigious award that Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors can earn. The Gold Award Workshop is intended to familiarize you with the steps and standards of excellence that will enable you to successfully submit a project proposal and complete your project. During the workshop you will also get to meet adult volunteers who may be able to help you brainstorm ways to write a draft of your project proposal and expand the impact of your project.
Service Unit Trainer Training (2/1/14)
Ever wondered what it’s like behind the scenes of Girl Scouts of Hawai`i? Learn to be a Service Unit Trainer in this morning session hosted by one of our Service Unit Managers, Anne R. In this session you will learn how to train our Service Unit Managers and Troop Leaders. Sign up today—the teacher in you will be glad you did!
Recent programs and events
Be sure to also check out our Volunteer Appreciation Gallery, where our troop leaders and co-leaders can see themselves on our website!
More photos from recent programs and events can be found on our Facebook page. To see your photos here, post them to our Facebook page, tag us (@girlscoutshi) on Instagram, or send them to Jennifer Kondo.
First look: shop sales & promos
· It’s Cookie Time! Come and check out the new cookie merchandise as well as our favorite “Cookie Time” t-shirt now available it red!
· Save 25% off the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting during the month of January! The Girl’s Guide is an invaluable tool for every leader and Girl Scout! Get your copy in January!
· World Thinking Day is February 22nd! The Shop is taking pre-orders for the 2014 World Thinking Day patch. Email Summer to submit your pre-order by 1/15/14.
From our Facebook page
Below are requests and inquiries received from our Girl Scout sisters around the globe. Please read and connect with them by responding to their posts directly. You can do this by visiting our Facebook page and finding their comment or simply by clicking on their name below and sending them a PM (private message). If they provide an email address you may also contact them directly that way. Mahalo!
Troop 12109, a Senior Troop from Minnesota, is looking for pen pals in Hawaii! They are interested in visiting Hawaii in 2015, and would like to connect with other Senior troops in Hawai`i! If your troop is interested in reaching out to Troop 12109, please email Troop Leader, Bonnie Nelson.
Planning For World Thinking Day?
Do you have questions about World Thinking Day? Visit the GSH webpage to find out more information and the answers to the questions below.
1. What is World Thinking Day, and when is it?
2. What forms do I need to complete if our troop is participating as part of our Service Unit?
3. Do we need to purchase additional insurance?
4. Can we just use the Uninsured Attendee Waiver in lieu of purchasing additional insurance?
5. Do we still need to bring Girl Health History forms and Parent Permission Slips?
6. What happens if the facility we are using requires a Certificate of Insurance (COI) from the Girl Scouts?
7. Are patches available?
· Are you encountering problems with registering your girls? Are you unable to see your troop roster? Are you missing girls from your roster? If so, please submit a Help Desk Request Form online Jennifer Kondoemail
· Just a reminder, all troop leaders, adult volunteers and girls must be registered to participate in any troop activity including meetings, events and selling cookies. Troop Leaders, please be sure to check you rosters and make sure your girls are registered today!